Pakistan Real Estate Times -  Pakistan Property News
CDA fails to retrieve land from illegal occupants - Printable Version

+- Pakistan Real Estate Times - Pakistan Property News (http://www.pakrealestatetimes.com)
+-- Forum: Pakistan Real Estate / Property News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Latest Pakistan Property & Economic News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: CDA fails to retrieve land from illegal occupants (/showthread.php?tid=13753)

CDA fails to retrieve land from illegal occupants - Salman - 01-06-2012 01:33 PM

CDA fails to retrieve land from illegal occupants

The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has failed to retrieve all of its land from land grabbers, CDA Chairman Farkhand Iqbal said at the ground-breaking ceremony of Sector I-11 on Thursday. He sought help from the residents for retrieving the land which is under illegal occupation. “There is a great need for the cooperation of the people affected in this regard because without it, the CDA will face a lot of difficulties in regaining possession of the sectors,” he said. He said the CDA will fulfil its commitment by handing over the possession of the plots in sectors D-12, E-12, I-14 and I-15 to their rightful owners. He added that the development of Sector I-11 would be completed within the specified time frame.
According to the details, there were 2,000 plots in total, out of which, 1,700 were allotted to CDA employees and 300 to other residents. The project for the development of Sector I-11 will be completed in 18 months at a total cost of Rs 186.928 million.
The chairman said: “In addition to the provision of basic amenities to the citizens, one of the major responsibilities of CDA is to provide affordable housing for which we are planning to develop new sectors. “We have a comprehensive policy to start the development of the stalled sectors so that the residents can be given possession of their plots.” Prime Minister’s Task Force Chairman Faisal Sakhi Butt said the PM had entrusted the Islamabad Task Force with the responsibility to chalk out a strategy for developing new sectors and taking immediate steps for the development of the stalled sectors to overcome the shortage of housing units in the city. He appreciated the efforts of the authority officials for taking concrete measures for the development of sector I-11, which was stalled after 1990.