Pakistan Real Estate Times -  Pakistan Property News
Revised PC-I of Mareer Chowk Project Approved - Printable Version

+- Pakistan Real Estate Times - Pakistan Property News (http://www.pakrealestatetimes.com)
+-- Forum: Pakistan Real Estate / Property News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Latest Pakistan Property & Economic News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Revised PC-I of Mareer Chowk Project Approved (/showthread.php?tid=15046)

Revised PC-I of Mareer Chowk Project Approved - Salman - 04-25-2013 04:08 PM

INP 15 hrs ago | Comments (0)

The Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) has approved the revised PC-I of expansion project of Mareer Chowk with an increased cost of Rs 550 million.
Earlier, cost of the project was estimated at Rs 430 million.
The revised PC-I was approved in a meeting of the PDWP that was presided over by PDWP Chairman Suhail Ahmed. Provincial ministers, Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) Director General Chaudhary Naseer Ahmed and other concerned officials attended the meeting.
The RDA DG said that railway steel bridge was the reason behind the increase in the cost of the project. The consultant had proposed a steel railway bridge weighing 237 tonnes but Pakistan Railways officials decided to construct bridge of 480 tonnes, which increased the cost of the project, he said.
The DG said that construction of the bridge was underway and will be completed in last week of May or first week of June.