Pakistan Real Estate Times -  Pakistan Property News
CDA urged to make payments to landowners in Sectors H-16 and I-17 - Printable Version

+- Pakistan Real Estate Times - Pakistan Property News (http://www.pakrealestatetimes.com)
+-- Forum: Pakistan Real Estate / Property News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: LahoreRealEstate.Com Prices Updates (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: CDA urged to make payments to landowners in Sectors H-16 and I-17 (/showthread.php?tid=16897)

CDA urged to make payments to landowners in Sectors H-16 and I-17 - Salman - 08-03-2015 01:40 PM

ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has told the Capital Development Authority (CDA) to make payments to the landowners in Sectors H-16 and I-17. Reportedly, the court has directed the civic authority to make payments in the form of cheques.

A number of affected individuals had moved the court to seek compensation for the acquisition of their land by the CDA for the development of the above-mentioned sectors. The petitioners claimed that despite the lapse of more than 5 years, the civic authority had not made payments for the land it had acquired.

The IHC will take action against the CDA if it fails to issue cheques to the affected individuals, per a news source.