Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDA bus stand project still lingers on
08-26-2014, 12:33 PM

ISLAMABAD The Islamabad Transporters Association has expressed serious concern over the Capital Development Authority’s non-shifting of bus terminals to the allocated space in I-11/4.

The CDA approved a project in 2011 for construction of bus stands in I-11/4 and auctioning them for shifting of bus terminals working in various localities of the capital, including Faiz Abad, G9 Markaz Karachi Company and Pir Wadhai. About 164 kanals of land was allocated for this purpose.

Islamabad Transporters and Passengers Welfare Association president has said that they had been sending reminders to the civic agency for shifting of bus stands. He said that in 2002, the CDA and Islamabad Traffic Authority (ITA) submitted a compliance letter in the High Court of Rawalpindi Bench for resolving the issue of bus stands with consultation of transporters within two months. He said that in 2003, CDA board approved a plan for temporarily bus stand in I-11/4.

According to the plan, the transporters had to bear the expenditures of constructions while the Directorate of Municipal Administration (DMA) was responsible for ensuring basic facilities, including drainage system, water supply, security etc.

The association president said that in January 2013 the plan was changed by the authority and it decided to construct the bus stands there itself for auction, but it was also not implemented. He said that the association sent its last reminder to the civic agency on January 30, 2013 for execution of this project. He urged the authority to resolve the issue while protecting their business as a number of people were associated with this. He said that only three bus stands in the capital have no-objection certificates (NOC).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  LDA City Lahore SC Orders LDA To Do Development Where We Stand Now w 3 Years Price LRE-Azan 0 1,814 12-24-2018 02:06 PM
Last Post: LRE-Azan