Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDA allocates land for slaughterhouse
09-03-2014, 01:04 PM
CDA allocates land for slaughterhouse
Islamabad: The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has allocated an alternative plot for the establishment of slaughterhouse at Sector I-9.

Talking to APP CDA official said the 10 acre land had been allocated for slaughterhouse at Sector I-9/4 while five acres more will also be available for animals grazing point. He said construction would be made over an area of four kanals. The plot at Sector I-9/4 at the junction of IJ Principal Road and 9th Avenue is the fifth relocation of the site for the proposed facility after Jamiatul Quraish or butchers association rejected the previous site at Sector I-8/3 for the purpose.

Initially a chunk of land was allocated at Sector G-10 but later the authority decided to auction the plot reserved for the slaughterhouse.

And it was decided to move the proposed site to sector H-9/3. It was again opposed by the butchers and Islamabad Capital Territory Chamber of Small Traders. They were of the view that the project would cause stench and pollution in the middle of the city. For financial year 2014-15 the CDA has allocated Rs100 million for the construction of a slaughterhouse in capital
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Housing ministry allocates 70 plots against constitutional quotas Salman 0 1,864 11-09-2017 01:39 PM
Last Post: Salman
  Govt finally allocates Rs25b for Gwadar LNG pipeline Salman 0 2,203 02-24-2017 12:01 PM
  CDA to shift proposed slaughterhouse to I-11 Salman 0 2,430 09-19-2015 02:11 PM
  CDA allocates 44pc of its budget for development of new sectors Salman 0 2,859 07-05-2014 11:39 AM