Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sector I-10 speaks volumes of CDA negligence
12-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Sector I-10 speaks volumes of CDA negligence
ISLAMABAD (NNI): Business centre and residential area of Sector I-10 of the federal capital has become the centre of problems due to negligence of Capital Development Authority (CDA), residents and traders complained. In a survey, people said the residents and businessmen of the area were deprived of basic facilities. The sector has no proper sewerage system and markets present the view of puddles of water in rainy days. The residents and businessmen said that parking area has come to an end in the business area of Sector I-10 Markaz due to encroachments. They said that customers are not coming in the area and business has been badly affected due to no parking area in the centre. The traders said that the security system is very miserable in the area and any mishap can be occurred due to negligence of high authorities. The residents said that most populated and security risk areas as Sabzi Mandi was closed to I-10 while the rate of street crimes were increasing due to lack of security arrangements. The resident Aamir and Zia said “The high authorities of CDA are behaving as stepmother to Sector I-10 because they consider that the capitals boundary end on Sector I-9” The residents said that many residents have suffered from many fatal diseases because the industrial area is falling close to I-10 and the smoke of the industries is polluting the area. They said that there was no community centre and playground for the residents. The businessman and Organizing Secretary of Traders Action Committee Islamabad, Kashif Chaudhry also said that CDA was ignoring the sector and many projects had not been started in the past. He said that present chairman of the CDA has approved Rs.40 millions for the development of the sector but work has not been started due to shortage of funds. The residents and businesspersons of the sector I-10 demanded of CDA high authorities to take special interest in the development of Sector I-10.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ashiana Iqbal Housing Scheme – Acting CEO of PLDC removed over negligence Salman 0 6,899 03-27-2014 07:53 PM
Last Post: Salman
  CDA’s negligence worsens condition of roads in Islamabad Salman 0 3,325 04-03-2013 04:47 PM
Last Post: Salman
  Dr AQ Khan Speaks on "Yom-a-Takbeer" LRE 0 3,505 05-25-2010 06:37 PM
Last Post: LRE
  A girl escaped from Talibans speaks to BBC LRE 0 3,365 02-06-2010 02:14 PM
  BOP Fraud: Hamesh Khan (BOP X-President & major Culprit) Speaks LRE 0 4,991 11-07-2009 11:47 AM
  US doctor speaks on Tibb-e-Nabwi revival LahoreEstate 0 2,738 03-05-2009 09:52 AM
Last Post: LahoreEstate
  Asif Zardari speaks about Terrorists LRE 0 2,534 12-13-2008 03:57 PM